Want to learn how your organization can better advance women and promote diversity today? Come learn from the experts!
The Cutting Edge Workshop is an intimate program where participants work closely with experts and engage in interactive peer-to-peer problem solving. We’ll take a deep dive into two topics with the goal of helping participants focus, engage, and leave with clear, actionable strategies for change.
This conference is part of the Women’s Leadership Edge membership program where we make cutting edge research available exclusively to members.
When & Where
San Francisco TBA
UC Hastings College of the Law, 200 McAllister St - Alumni Reception Center (2nd floor), San Francisco CA 94102
Who Should AttendParticipation is invitation only for WLE members and their guests; ideal for leaders and change-agents leading efforts around diversity, equity and inclusion.
Examples include: heads of diversity or women’s initiatives, HR and/or D&I professionals, leaders actively involved in sponsoring D&I programs, etc.
CostFree! Each WLE member organization can send up to 3 attendees, as well as 1 additional guest from a non-member org (up to 4 attendees total).
“Excellent. One of the best conferences I have ever attended.”
“I go to a million conferences, and this is hands-down the most useful, practical conference I’ve attended."
“All of the speakers were fantastic.”
“Awesome – thank you so much for the opportunity.”
Topics & Agenda
2020 details TBA. Check out the 2019 information below for a better idea of the programming.
We will spend the day taking a deep dive into two topics, chosen by members, and led by experts. Topics include:
- How to Build a Truly Effective Women’s Initiative (For Real)
- Tug of War: Examining Conflicts Among Women and People of Color and What to Do About it
5:30p Dinner | ends at 8:00p
9:30 Morning Session
11:45 Interactive Session I
1:45 Afternoon Session
4:00 Interactive Session II
Frequently Asked Questions
- Cutting-edge, research-based content;
- Practical evidence-based tools for organizational change;
- An emphasis on peer-to-peer interaction and leaving with immediately actionable tools;
- Opportunities to connect with the leading experts on issues of women’s leadership, work/life balance, and gender equity at work and at home; and
- Networking with other business leaders and professionals who are committed to women’s leadership
Each WLE member organization can send up to 3 attendees, as well as 1 additional guest from a non-member org (up to 4 attendees total).
No. The workshop programming is designed for women and men in both law firms and corporations, including non-legal roles and departments.
Yes! We strongly encourage men to fully participate. The content is ideal for men who are sponsors, mentors, professional development directors, and organizational leaders who want to learn how to better support, retain, and advance women.
The Workshop is an invitation-only, Women's Leadership Edge member exclusive. However, members have the option of inviting one participant from a non-member organization.
Women represent a vital talent pool for companies. Organizations benefit when women apply their talents as leaders, serve as mentors and role models crucial for attracting and retaining junior women in the organization, and provide the diversity that the marketplace increasingly demands. The Cutting Edge Workshop provides the latest research and innovative, practical strategies and tools to help your organization better retain, support, and advance women and diverse talent from within.
In addition to helping your organization meet its women’s leadership goals and effectively support diverse talent, the conference also provides valuable training for individual attendees by preparing participants to assume greater leadership responsibilities, increase their value to and their visibility within their organization by elevating the status of women’s/diversity initiatives, and leverage their abilities and talents more strategically for positive business results.
Potential SponsorsInterested in supporting women’s leadership? Sponsor the Cutting Edge Workshop!
There are two levels of sponsorship – lead program sponsor ($10K) and supporting sponsor ($5K).
Sponsorship benefits include:
- Tickets to the workshop for anyone the sponsor wants to invite (i.e. sponsor's employees, clients, etc.) – ten (10) tickets for lead sponsor, five (5) for supporting sponsors;
- Two (2) invitations to VIP dinner on Wednesday October 23;
- Listing of company prominently onpre-event publicity (with sponsor's logo and link to sponsor's website) on WorkLife Law's website, in program mailers, and in program materials distributed to attendees;
- Pre- and post-workshop social media mentions (reaching an audience of 5,000+ individuals);
- Verbal recognition twice during workshop; and
- Space to display sponsor'ssignage and promotional materials at buffet, reception, and lecture areas that will be visible throughout program.
To learn more, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.